Zane's Accident

On October 12, 2010 my husband, Zane, was burned by a flash of 69,000 volts of electricity while working as a lineman in a northern Maine substation. He suffered 3rd degree burns from his chin to his waist, circumferentially, covering 58% of his body. His face and legs were miraculously spared, as well as the better part of his hands. We know that it was the hand of God that protected him. He was immediately airlifted to Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, where he had several skin grafting surgeries. He was put into a medically-induced coma for 4 1/2 weeks. Once he woke up, he started working with physical and occupational therapists to gain strength and range of motion back. He has had a few additional surgeries since waking up. Zane spent a total of 43 days in the ICU, 8 days on the step-down unit, and 15 days in an inpatient rehabilitation hospital. He then moved into the apartment I had been living in in Boston, and at the end of January, we finally moved home. It has been a long road, but we've seen God perform amazing miracles and each week Zane continues to improve. Zane lost feeling in his right hand, hearing in both ears (almost deaf in his right ear), and significant movement in both arms and shoulders. He still has at least a year of therapy to go, and probably a few more surgeries, but we're through the worst of it. Most of his disabilities, other than the hearing should improve and almost come back to normal. Details of Zane's progress and the miracles God has been performing can be found in the prior posts I've done.